Wednesday, March 17, 2010

TEMPTATION: "If it were just til St. Patrick's Day...."

I don't remember last year's holiday. I vaguely remember making soda bread. Oh right, I threw a dinner party and saved myself from drinking green beer for 3 Buck Chuck.

St. Patrick's Day does not appeal to me as much as Thanksgiving for example. I do love a good soda bread and opt to eat cabbage without any holiday prompt.

I would like to take a moment to be jaded as bridge and tunnellers invade the subway systems and vent...Do they even know what they're celebrating about? Irish heritage? Besides the obvious patron St. Patrick, what was he the patron saint of?

But this would be an appropriate anniversary for my DRY challenge. If a reveler were to say that they would be celebrating a holiday solely heralding the arrival of another day of binge drinking, I would accept that answer as they are completely correct in 2010.

I walked through Chelsea to see a twinky Filipino boy sporting a green t-shirt that sported the logo, "Everyone loves an Irish Girl". He'll get laid no doubt, but not before I pass judgement!

Here's stage one! I'm angry I can't join in the evening's shenanigans. I am very tempted. The weekend hasn't even arrived!!!


It was beautiful day so JP and I made our way to the Highline Park for some vitamin D!

I did make it to the bar though with Jaime! She sneered at my diet coke ironically served in a Bass glass.

- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment