Friday, March 19, 2010

FUTURE/FEARS: Not Everyday is a Parade...

At the age of 26, you think that every moment that you aren't doing something super exciting is wasted. Right? Every night of my youth is an opportunity to see friends, to write a poem, party down, run a marathon, go to the gym. Every day should be used to socialize, talk to everyone, stranger or not, read every book, and smell every rose.

Right?

Well for some....yes. But I need sleep. I love it. I need time to just sit on the couch and zone out. I need three days a week of nothingness. That's just how my body operates. Because only then can I really enjoy things when they really count.

Instead of smelling every rose, how about just one? Instead of reading every book, wouldn't it be better to re-read one you love and continue to find the nuance in the literature? I'm beginning to think this is becoming a metaphor for dating with ZERO intention of being so.

The point is: I was starting to get a little bored and hum drum about this NO DRINKING business. It's Friday night and I feel like I should be doing something. But then I think....it's going to be fine. Not everyday is a Parade. And when it does pass by, I'll be wide awake.

Yesterday, I did get a chance to see Alice in Wonderland with Natalie! We both questioned.... when did the Mad Hatter become gay? Oh Johnny Depp and his lisp.

Carrot Top + Memoirs of a Geisha + David Copperfield (not the magician)

No comments:

Post a Comment