Sunday, July 5, 2009

Day 9: FAIL [All these red-eyed Devils at play....]

Okay, I'm not going to restart the counter but as many had anticipated, I would fail my mission sooner or later. I spent the week eating well, making good choices, and on independence day, I ran 4 miles and hung out in Battery Park. And one night can destroy an entire week's worth of work. Way to go!

To quit cold turkey may be helpful for some, but it was torturous for me. The birth of our country has led to the death of my vow..... or perhaps it had provided strenghth to my vision of what I have to do. It started with a few beers at a friend's backyard party/concert. Then a night on a roof with more beer and then this morning I found receipts of liquor stores. $15 here, $30 there..... and the text message that defined my weekend....

"I am taking a drunken nap in the car. I hate myself for drinking". I have always found myself to be terrible honest when I'm drunk. This morning was miserable. Happy Independence Day indeed.....


An American Bagel.... no more delicious than others
but look how pretty!

During the fireworks, there was a competing show.... A huge fire in Brooklyn.
Emma and I went to survey the damage at a lumber yard! Eesh....

Was it worth it?



No comments:

Post a Comment