Sunday, June 28, 2009

Day 2: GAY PRIDE [Temptation Island]

I could not have chosen a worse time to start my dry agenda. The summer season breeds endless days of midday drinking with picnic friends, brunch dates with unlimited bloody marys and mimosas, and tropical cocktails to cool off by during warm summer nights.

But alas, none of those things could top the most tempting day of drinking by far.... GAY PRIDE NYC. I see the parade and tracked it from Rockefeller Center down to Union Square. I spent the day with Thomas, Josh and Nam.... Was I tempted to drink? YES. Did I drink? NO.

Today's accomplishment was to spend time with friends and family and still enjoy their company sans beverages. My past pride experiences have been full of debauchery, but none in 2009. Still I had my fill of naked torsos, rainbow beads, free condoms, and prideful energy.

And of the 3 weeks I have been back in NY, It has rained EVERYDAY! Drizzling, pouring, humidity; it has felt like Seattle around here. But today, God surely did shine upon NYC LGBT! Not a drop of rain and sunlight to spare!

I am known to be scared of horses and bears of all varieties.
NO alcohol, does not mean no COFFEE....my new bev of choice
Thomas ordered some vodka to go with his V8.
Josh opted for a sprite with cherry syrup...aka a Shirley Temple. Fancy.

Really excited about water. Really really excited.
Notice also the effect of humidity on my Adam Lambert hair,
now the Kate hair from Jon and Kate plus 8.

I did have to cut my Pride celebration short on the account of it being my mother's birthday! How dare she be born on gay pride!!! I realized that at my family table, the only things my family talk about are money, cars, how much weight I've gained/loss, and electronic devices. LAME! Oh Asians.....
I wish I had a video camera. Adorable.
LIZA: Happy Birfday to me! Happy Birfday to ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment