Monday, June 29, 2009

Day 3: VISIT THE LIBRARY [Marian the Librarian...]

...does not work at the NYC Public Library, nor are there any fabulously choreographed dance sequences but what a helluva resource! I was gearing up for my first audition back in NYC and low and behold, I didn't have the right music.

Where better to go than to the Performing Arts Library at Lincoln Center! Here you can find the sheet music to almost anything, FREE! And I think it is a wonderful date location if you want to watch old musicals. You can watch virtually anything that isn't currently playing on Broadway. But you need an excuse. My favorite, "Um, I'm directing it at my high school." Note: There is no rewinding, and no second viewings but again, FREE!!!

Next time, it's pouring outside and you want to either expand your craft, view some classics, rip some full showtune albums.... DON'T PAY FOR IT! You could spend hours there! Beware the hours. And no, this library does NOT have the same reputation as NYU's Bobst Library. Part of me says "HOT", a bigger part of me says "YUCK!"
$40 for full anthologies you won't use. $0.15/page for music you needed yesterday.


In case y'all are too lazy to go....for shame! Oh Robert Preston...
It's the full sequence, I spare no expense on this blog!

1 comment:

  1. I've always loved this movie particularly because the costumes show off the guys butts so nicely and Onna White's choreography gives them the opportunity to be seen.

    ReplyDelete