Saturday, June 27, 2009

Here's to the Ladies Who Lunch...

and here's to the beginning of MetroLUCIDITY.....cheers.

PREFACE:
Let me be very clear in saying that this blog does not condemn drinking, smoking, or anything else. It's just here to document my travels, as a young gay man trying to live my own life without those things. My hopes are to find others within the LGBT community interested in a substance-free lifestyle and beginning a social/support network for those actively trying to find happiness without drugs and alcohol.

WHY?
After a night of drinking, I usually find myself checking drunken texts, drunk dials, drunk facebook messages, and the photos on my Iphone. Here are a couple photos I found....
Good for warming up the vocal chords. Right guys?

The morning after: Pissed off and a hot mess.

Case in point, I often times don't remember what I had done the night before. My nights are full of reckless decisions. Although there may be some great unfettered dancing, a bunch of Facebook adds of people I don't remember and would unlikely to talk to again, and lots of $ poorly spent..... I usually have nothing to show for it! And the sacrifice is worse than the hours spent out, but usually at least an entire half day of haziness the day after!

WHAT NOW?!
As of 12:07 am June 27, 2009.....Kelvin Moon Loh has ordered his last glass of wine! Or at least I'm going to try. Here have been my past ordering trends:

  • 1 Glass of Red Wine [a glass of red wine is good for you]
  • 1 Glass of cheaper Red Wine [convince the waitress that you actually prefer the taste of cheaper]
  • 1/2 Carafe of Wine [Hell, why not?]
  • 2 for 1 Beers [1 for $5, 2 for $10....sounds like a good deal at the time]
  • Large order of Fries [Cheese if available]
  • $1 PBR [Now I'm broke and drunk]
  • Shots [Convince some poor fool to buy me shots, usually myself]
  • 1 Sugar-free Red Bull [As if sugar-free is going to help at this point}
  • $50 liquor tab of who knows what....
  • Halal Street Meat Food. [I consider it a nightcap]
You get the point. Now imagine this 3 to 4 nights a week. Holy! No more I tell you!

WISH ME GOOD LUCK:
Day One, so this might be the biggest challenge. NYC is full of people who don't require designated drivers. Hopefully I will find the strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment